The Women in Data Science (WiDS) initiative aims to inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and to support women in the field. WiDS started as a one-day technical conference at Stanford in November 2015. Five years later, WiDS is a global movement that includes a number of worldwide initiatives:
- A conference with 150+ regional events worldwide in more than 60 countries, reaching 100,000 participants annually online and in person.
- A Datathon, encouraging participants to hone their skills using a social impact challenge.
- A podcast series, featuring data science leaders from around the world talking about their work, their journeys, and lessons learned along the way
- An education outreach program to encourage secondary school students to consider careers in data science, artificial intelligence (AI), and related fields.
We, the licensed Ambassadors of Women in Data Science, Pune, hereby are pleased to invite all the Media professionals from all the esteemed Media Channels to the “Press Conference” on WiDS Pune.
We are into the 3rd year of our journey. Through our community learning based startup initiative, we continue to work towards encouraging everyone to adopt technology to solve business problems, upskill themselves in the field of Data Science.
The highlights of WiDS Pune 2021 which is happening on 8th March 2021, coinciding with International Women’s Day, is the direct collaboration with Stanford University – ICME Department.
Its a 24 hours Virtual Conference where the Data Science Community will have an opportunity to listen to The Influencers, The Thought Leaders and The Experts from all across the Globe selected by Stanford University’s ICME WiDS team and WiDS Pune.
To name few of our Global female speakers,
1)Andrea Ghez, Professor of Physics and Astronomy, UCLA , Nobel Laureate,
2) Emily Fox, Distinguished Engineer, Apple, and Professor, University of Washington,
3) Mary Gray, Senior Principal Researcher, Microsoft and Faculty Associate, Harvard University’s Berkman Klein of Internet and Society
WiDS Pune Regional Speakers are,
- Ritika Surana, ML Expert, PubMatic
- Dr. Mukta Paliwal, Expert, Persistent
- Ameeta Roy, Director, Solution Architecture, Red Hat
- Deepti Chafekar, Lead Data Scientist, AppZen
- Sheela Siddappa, Chief Advisor, Robert Bosch
- Deepti Rai, Senior Data Scientist, Linkedin
- Abitha Amruth, Senior Account Director, Linkedin
- Mitali Mishra, Chief Technology Officer, EC-Mobility
The 24 hours conference is designed in response to global pandemic to align with time zones across 3 continents – APAC, EMEA and Americas and the conference goes LIVE with an Opening Session at 6.30 a.m. IST. There are wide variety of topics from different domains and on latest happenings and advancement in Data Sciences. Audience can plan to attend as per their convenience & availability.
There will be 3 main parts of this conference which is “Global sessions” track – live stream from Stanford, “WiDS Pune” track featuring regional speakers catering to local eco system and the virtual “Exhibition area” for personal interactions & career guidance.
We have designed a special career panel to guide our community on “Hiring Trends in Data Science” and self-development sessions by LinkedIn and Facebook India speakers. To help our community to reach the next level in their journey & by popular demand, we are providing Certificates, Skill Assessment Tests, Data Science Mentors Lounge.
This is a not for profit, pro bono initiative and we raise funds through corporates to defray the conference expenses. Corporates like Persistent, Appzen, Pubmatic, Redhat, Entytle, Emcure, Lifeline and more than 25+ organizations in Pune who are consistently supporting us in this cause and few more are likely to join the bandwagon in next few days.
This year we are charging a nominal fee for the participants to raise funds and also to attract only serious candidates.
This conference is run by Data Science Community in Pune.
This conference is open for all genders.
So, “Follow us, as we follow the Sun”, and enjoy the learning experience at the comfort of your home and let the technology empower you to learn, network and grow!
Please contact us for special Media passes to attend our online event.
Ms Sucheta Dhere, Ambassador, M: 8669081938, email@example.com
Ms Rohini Mulay, Co-Ambassador, M: 98810 45783, firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a promotional post.
The views and opinions expressed in the article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of The Tilak Chronicle and TTC Media Pvt Ltd.